Speaking of the 92, road work on PA 100 and Business US 30 has caused some delays during the mid-day today. Only one lane is available southbound towards West Chester and northbound towards the mall...
What are the chances of this? For the second day in a row, I had a chance to ride the MCI Demo to King of Prussia. This time, I caught it at the Gulph Mills P&W Station en route to King of Prussia, in order to make my connection to the 133...
The revised FY 2002 Annual Service Plan is now being circulated. The Delaware County route restructuring has been scaled back a little. Among the highlights:
- The Andorra Route Changes would still be implemented. For those who don't recall (save of course for my contacts in Roxborough), Route 9 would terminate at Summit Loop, with Route 35 operating between Summit Loop and Andorra. Route 61 Express service would be extended to Andorra from it's present terminus at Summit Loop.
- Route 103 would be extended to the Suburban Square/Ardmore Station complex in Lower Merion.
- Route 104 would be extended to West Chester University, with a routing change from the original proposal; the 104 would operate via Gay St, Matlack St, and Chestnut St to High St, then via High St to Sharpless St, Church St, and Rosedale Avenue, laying over at the Bull Center/M Lot, before returning uptown via High St and the loop to New & Market
- The Route 110 local routing would remain unchanged; Route 111 would absorb the 110 Express service and operate via State Road to US 1. Limited weekday and Saturday service would be extended to Chadds Ford and Concordville. This would mark the first transit service to parts of Concord Township (US 1 between Cheyney and Conchester Roads) since the restructuring of Route 119 in 1997.
- Route 111 service would now be operated by Route 122, which would operate via Garrett Road to Westbrook Park and on to Springfield Mall.
- Route 115 would be partially retained between Havertown and Folcroft, with an extension to MacDade Mall via Norwood. Service between Ardmore and Havertown would require a transfer at Brookline to the 103.
- The original Regional Rail schedule improvements will still on the table. The R7 Chestnut Hill East and R8 Fox Chase headway improvements will proceed this year, thanks to $151,000 in funding taken from savings of the Route 76 conversion. The remaining proposals do not have an outside funding source as of yet.